Wednesday, July 11, 2007

An update... finally.

So I'm officially fired. Apologies for not living up to my every-week-or-so-updating plans. I'm hoping to get a couple of posts up this week, plus a guest column from Mr. Sam Walter who was out here to visit last week (this is Sam and I enjoying the local brew).


For now, just a quick update:

Work continues to go well - I've been learning all about Elective Surgery of late, which is one of the hot-topics at ACC (mostly because it costs a lot). The resident expert is likely leaving sometime in the next few months, so I'm helping to cover the reporting and knowledge base for that service in the interim. Also, we had a team breakfast this morning at the pub instead of our weekly team meeting at the office!! This I highly recommend (note that no beer was consumed - only normal breakfast foods).

In the non-work arena, I've joined a very laid back basketball team, and an indoor footy team (soccer), both which play weekly. The bball guys are all real young, but are a blast to play with - the only downside is it takes a little while to get to the place we play. I end up getting a ride there from my flatmate and biking back. Getting home is easy though - it's all downhill (very downhill) which was extra exciting tonight in the driving rain!

It is definitely a bit colder here now that winter has arrived, but relative to the winters I'm used to, it's still pretty nice. Here's some photos from this past weekend - Carsten, his friend Aaron, and I went golfing (almost 1 year to the day since I last golfed). The weather was perfect and the course we played was gorgeous.



As you can see, things here are pretty much sweet as (as they say here). Sam and I had a great time last week - I'll get some pictures and such up from the concert we saw, and our road trip through the countryside. He'll undoubtedly have many more to add as part of his guest column. Hope things are good back in the states and that nobody is melting from the heat!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My reaction to reading Erik's entry:

WHAT?!

Next time, don't start with the line "So I'm officially fired" unless you preface it first. I thought you meant fired from your job. But then breathed a sigh of relief when in the next paragraph you talked about how work was going well.

Glad you had fun with Sam. Try not to give me a heart attack in the next post.